Post master DSA "Terre"
The “DSA Earthen Architecture” is a Post-Masters training resulting in a National Specialised Diploma, conferred by the Ministry of Culture and Communication.
The training is within the activities of the UNESCO Chair “Earthen Architecture”, which aims to establish training programmes with existing training organisations, so as to accelerate the dissemination of scientific and technical know-how on earthen architecture.
ObjectivesTo train professionals capable of:
- Mastering earthen material, the production process, implementation techniques, and the construction and architectural potentials;
- Planning and implementing contemporary architecture and conservation projects for architectural heritage, which respond to current global needs and challenges;
- Promoting the development of new and specialised university teaching to fight against “improper standardisation”.
The “DSA Earthen Architecture” is organised into nine training units, for a total of 2400 hours distributed as following: 890 supervised hours, 800 hours of individual work, and 710 hours of professional internship :
1. Earthen architecture and construction cultures
2. Scientific foundations, techniques and methodologies
3. Earthen architecture careers: housing
4. Earthen architecture careers: heritage
5. Practice and implementation: experimentation
6. Professional internship
7. Practice and implementation: experimentation
8. In depth: thematic seminar ‘Material, Housing, Heritage’
9. Final dissertation
Teachers and researchers from the CRAterre-ENSAG laboratory, as
well as renowned international experts, carry out the theory and
practice courses. The seminars bring together students, researchers,
professors and graduates around various works in progress, allowing for a
better placing of students in relation to professional practices. The
internships, which can take several forms, are an invaluable supplement
to the training. The dissertation is an individual work of basic or
Presentation of the DSA – Earthen architecture
- Habilitation : Detailed presentation document of the DSA Earthen Architecture, 100 pages.
- Brief presentation of the DSA: Objectives, presentation of the education units, study on former DSA students, 15 pages.
- Announcement of the DSA 2018-2020 session The deadline for application is fixed on March, 30th, 2016. The notification of selection will be communicatied before the 1st June 2016 by mail.
- Registration form
Requested documents for application
- A letter mentioning interests and skills, motivation and objectifs
- Personal work (max. 20 pages) relative to earthen architecture, or local building cultures in any country or a specific region
- Copie of obtained diploma at Master level
- Certificate of the Alliance française (only for non-French-speaking candidates)
- Optional and in electronic version only (CD): Copie of Master degree final project (only if in relation with one of the themes of the training) or any other useful document for your selection
M. Paul JONDOT – Bureau du DSA-Terre
Ecole nationale supérieure d’architecture de Grenoble
60 avenue de Constantine / BP 2636
38036 Grenoble Cedex 2 - France
Téléphone : +33 (0)4 76 69 83 13 ; Fax : +33 (0)4 76 69 83 69
Courriel : email@example.com ; http://www.grenoble.archi.fr